Saturday, April 18, 2009

Honeymoon

When I got married,we never went on a honeymoon.The reason being some relatives were staying along & so we opined, that it is better left for a later day.

But then ,honeymoon is not just a feeling you share when you are newly wed.I feel the word honeymoon can be used on so many occasions.A few samples follow.

WhilstI worked in the public sector,whenever we had a new boss or a new colleague joining us ,we would all be praising that person as we were yet to discover his shortcomings,faults et al.So this initial period was the honeymoon.Once,his idiocrancies became visible ,then I would quip,"The honeymoon is over !"
After that we just wished that we were better off without the new person.I am sure,the new person also thought like that only as we all are so oblivious to our own faults but cannot overlook any fault of others howsoever minuscule it is. It is like this in a marriage as well.While we are just discovering each other -the qualities,the shortcomings,etc,we are naive & believe, that we have attained bliss & then as the scenes unfold,we recover to discover that all that was just a screen saver !

We had to opt for a new maidservant this month as the earlier one was shifting base.Weren't we glad- you bet! She was so bad- she would wash vessels in such a manner that I had to repeat the washing.Any extra work would immediately be followed by a demand for a raise.I was unable to chuck her out as she was a representative of the maidservants union.So, I was elated, when she left.I appointed another one thinking she would be more docile,more clean,etal.In the beginning,I was full of joy & my pleasure was boundless as she is clean & not as demanding .But soon the honeymoon with her got over & I was back on terra firma! She would remain absent for days without any information.But I continue with her as I am quite fed up of the honeymoons with so many people in so many situations.

Recently I got a new pair of rebook shoes for a throwaway price- a typical middle class eccentricity.If it was not on sale,it hardly stood a chance of being brought by me.Now,since,I had got it,I had to use it.So,very religiously,I started going for evening walks wearing the pair though at times,I cursed myself that I had to tie the laces which I found to be too much of a bother.But then,I would console myself saying that walking would keep me in better shape & the shoes would give me a better grip & speed in my walking exercise.All this lasted for nearly six months -whew ! so long it appears-the honeymoon with the shoes that is ! But now,I am back to my pair of Bata shoes which have a velcro & they are a convenient pair of slip ons.My walking is not regular & of course neither is my body shape but then,the honeymoon can't go on eternally,isn't it ?

I buy a skin care product after a lot of dillydallying & that too, whenever it is on a discount or is a part of a fantastic offer,which I just cannot resist. Then,after I get it home,for a few days, I use it regularly. I admire myself & thank the Almighty that he has been kind enough to make such a thing so affordable for me !But all this lasts only till the honeymoon. Very soon, the task of application starts becoming a chore which I feel,is better left off there itself & I am thus saddled with so many products which are past their usefulness.But being a typical middle class representative,I have to use it completely -so I end up using it as a body cream even if it was meant only for the face ! That way,I feel that I have made complete use of the cream ,so what, if not for what it was meant for ?At least,I have not thrown it away & seen my money go down the drain literally !

Yesterday,only ,I saw the Virgin slide mobile phone being advertised on the idiot box ! My heart skipped & I feel that the offer is too irresistable - yes,the honeymoon is just about to begin !

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...