Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Overwhelming love - My entry for the Get Published contest’

I had quit my job.I was trying to write & did attempt-some silly ,some factual,some stray thoughts which I had started putting on my laptop in a blog.One of those days,I received a request from an ex-collegaue. This was about his friend & wife.It was a honorary job for me .The friend had narrated the tale of his life with his co worker wife.I had to edit it & make it interesting.I did as I was told.Added some Indian words in place of English words to make it familiar to readers.Then it was put up on a site.My ex-colleague told me that I had done a good job.

This is inspired by their  story-Pranay  & Meera, who meet while working for the same employer.He is a simpleton.She is more well read than him & a double graduate.They fall in love .Though their mother tongues are different & they belong to different communities,they get married with blessings from all -her & his parents & other elders.She prods him to go ahead in job & he succeeds.Both are now officers, though working at different offices.He is more confident than before as she has nurtured him to set higher goals & go for them.He is overwhelmed with her care & love for him & his family.It is ,as if, Pranay  owes everything to her .They have two children now. Meera  is a the ideal bahu ,the doting bhabhi ,the tiger mom & the perfect employee - everything in one ! Pranay  is trying his best, to emulate her.Then, tragedy strikes, on the Deepavali day.

After that ,the roles are reversed.Will the love last ? Will it deliver ? Was that, which existed between them just infatuation ? Did Meera  really care for his family & him ? Will Pranay  repay her back & how  ? Will true love triumph ? And why should anyone look for love when only survival stresses us so much ?

Will their employer continue to employ them ? What about the funds ? How will they survive ?

What will happen to the kids ? Will they be orphaned ? What is all this- fate or misfortune ? Maybe ,all this happiness was too good to last.

This is a true of many stories which begin with love & end  with a whimper as there are many things which take centre stage as life chugs along.The story is very much of our times -which is  full of impatience &  unceratinity. Will it inspire to  show that love is limitless & infinite.It is as if, the pot of love is overflowing - with more love,affection & respect.Such love can bring back people from the dead ! Or will this story end on a hopeless note as there is no use, in hoping against hope & stretching things which will break with the next pull.

Endnote: This is my entry for the HarperCollins–IndiBlogger Get Published contest, which is run with inputs from Yashodhara Lal and HarperCollins India.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...