Sunday, August 18, 2013

Eternal values !

Children are wet clay.They observe & imitate.They are always full of life.They forget worries & bounce back  so fast ! They cry quickly & smile faster than that ! If all adults behaved similarly ,the world would be a much better place.

My child has been fond of puppies.She befriended a litter of puppies, while she was younger.She would regularly take milk for the puppies.My kid diluted the milk with water so that it sufficed the whole litter of puppies.My daughter even took biscuits for the bitch, while the puppies licked milk ! My daughter was being honest as she knew that  the mother  bitch must be shown respect to be allowed near her puppies ! I was most discouraging in all this.Yet my kid persisted with her kindness.Her compassion was boundless & this spilled over.Her friends used to chip in with milk & biscuits so much so, that the parents of other kids , started complaining to me about my kid 's pro active care for the puppies.I was  elated that my daughter was  showing qualities of a leader at such a young age ! Yet, all the care could not save the puppies & they passed away.My daughter was upset.Only one puppy, grew up to be a skinny dog. Now,he also seems to have disappeared.

The number of pencils,erasers & other stationery my kid uses up has me up in arms .She says ,"I gave it to my classmate...she had forgotten her pencil." Her integrity calms me.It soothes my nerves  & thereby de stresses me I am indeed blessed, to have such a gem of a child ! Actually ,I need to imbibe  a thing or two or maybe more than that !



When she was a little older ,she was made the team  leader for a class  project at school.One weak student was there in each group.My daughter coordinated with the team numbers.She made herculean  efforts so that the weak student understood the project details.Her efforts paid off.The weak student stood in front of the class & gave the presentation of the project ! The teacher was so elated that she praised my daughter .She told me that she would have gladly given her more than ten marks though that was the maximum for the project .The teacher went on to add that  ,my daughter  was an example of how some care about others in these times when many care only about themselves ! Needless to say, that I was overwhelmed ! Kindness & compassion seem to be second nature to my kid .

Another time ,the only student who raised her hands up, in the class, was my daughter.The teacher had asked the class, if anyone will share their completed projects with a classmate who was notorious for being absent.I was curious to know, what my kid was thinking, when she raised her hands up.Her reply was ,"Since nobody raised their hands,I raised mine ."I was stuck by her integrity ...her ability to share her project in which she had put in so much hard work with another classmate who had no hands in that project work !

I would like to believe, that my daughter, has imbibed some qualities from her parents  ,grandparents & other peers.Perhaps,this is her way, of showing respect for others - the qualities she admires & loves in all of us !

The qualities of compassion,honesty,integrity,kindness & respect will continue to inspire  the world as always & for ever ! That is what makes life worthwhile !

I am sharing my Do RIght Stories at BlogAdda.com in association with Tata Capital.

1 comment:

Chitraxee said...

We invite you to Aviva's #BloggerContest. To read the T&C and participate, click on http://bit.ly/134qouZ!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...